Staff Selection Commission (SSC CHSL Registration) Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL) is a popular national-level examination that is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Exam is conducted every year to recruit Students for various posts such as Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA), Sorting Assistant (SA), and Data Entry Operator (DEO). SSC CHSL is an excellent opportunity for candidates who want to start their careers in the government sector. If you’re interested in appearing for the SSC CHSL exam, you need to first register for the exam. Here’s everything you need to know about the SSC CHSL registration process:
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern:
Before we delve into the registration process, let’s first take a quick look at the exam pattern for the SSC CHSL exam. The SSC CHSL exam is conducted in three tiers, namely:
- Tier 1: This is a computer-based exam that consists of objective-type questions. The exam is conducted for a total of 100 marks, and the time duration is 60 minutes. The questions are asked from four sections, namely General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language.
- Tier 2: This is a descriptive-type exam that is conducted for a total of 100 marks. The time duration for this exam is 60 minutes. The questions are asked from two sections, namely Essay Writing and Letter/Application Writing.
- Tier 3: This is a skill test/typing test that is conducted for candidates who have cleared the Tier 1 and Tier 2 exams. The skill test/typing test is conducted for the posts of DEO, PA, and SA.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria:
Before you apply for the SSC CHSL exam, you need to check if you meet the eligibility criteria. For the SSC CHSL exam, the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Age Limit: Maximum age limit is 27 years and minimum age limit is 18 years.
- However, there are age relaxations for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations from a recognized board or university.
SSC CHSL Exam Dates:
The Staff Selection Commission releases the notification for the SSC CHSL exam every year, usually in November/DecemberThere is a process to be conducted in three phases for the examination the dates of each phase can also be announced separately.
- Here are the tentative dates for the SSC CHSL exam:
- SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam: April/May
- SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam: To be announced
- SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam: To be announced
SSC CHSL Registration Process:
- The registration process for the SSC CHSL exam is usually conducted online.
- Also knowing about how to apply now for the SSC CHSL exam was also given by step by step guide:
Step 1: First of all visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) at ssc.nic.in.
Step 2: Click on the “Register Now” button. You will also be redirected to a new page.
Step 3: Then fill in the required details like name, email id, date of birth, and phone number as well.
Step 4: At Last Click on the “Submit” Button.
A registration ID and password will be generated and sent to your registered email ID and phone number.
Step 5: Log in to your account using the registration ID and password.
Step 6: Fill in the application form with your personal details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information.
Step 7: Upload your Scanned Photograph and Signature
- After filling in the required details in the application form, the next step is to upload your scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned in the notification. Here are the specifications for the photograph and signature:
- Photograph: The photograph should be in color, and the file size should be between 20 KB to 50 KB. The size of the photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- Signature: The signature should be on white paper only. And the size of the file should be between 10 kb to 20 kb only. The dimensions of the signature should be 4.0 cm (width) x 3.0 cm (height).
Step 8: Pay the Application Fee
After uploading the photograph and signature, the next step is to pay the application fee online through net banking, debit card, credit card, or other available modes of payment. The application fee for the SSC CHSL exam varies depending on the category of the candidate. Here are the application fee details:
- General/OBC candidates: Rs. 100/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates: Exempted from paying the application fee.
Step 9: Submit the Application Form
One last step to pay the application fee is to submit the application form and take a printout of the same. It is also important to note, that the application form must be submitted before the last date mentioned in the notification.
Documents Required for SSC CHSL Registration
- First of all, to start the registration process, make sure you have the following documents:
- Voter ID Card / Aadhaar Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / ID proof any other document
- 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- Scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
Tips for SSC CHSL Registration
- Here are some tips that will help you with the SSC CHSL registration process:
- Keep all the necessary documents and information ready before starting the registration process.
- Now also make sure that you have filled all the required details correctly.
- Also, check all the information again before submitting the application form.
- Make sure you upload your photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned in the notification.
- Keep a copy of the application form and the payment receipt for future reference.
The SSC CHSL exam is a great opportunity for candidates who want to start their careers in the government sector. The registration process for the exam is to be simple, then to be completed online. And also first of all you have to fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for the exam and follow all the steps correctly. With proper preparation and hard work, you can crack the SSC CHSL exam and start your journey toward a successful career.